Monday, January 10, 2011

On A Lighter Note

I've been on a political rampage for the last couple of days so I feel like I need to lighten it up a little!  Unfortunately, Lydia's had an ear infection so my material is limited!

I've tried to beef up my exercise routine a little this new year (which didnt' take much! ha!) and I'm trying out different things to see what I like (or hate less) and what doesn't feel like it's killing me but I still know I'm doing something good.  I've learned, I don't hate sit ups, anything I can watch TV and do, I LOVE!  (my TV addiction will be an entirely separate blog someday!) I loathe and despise squats!  The devil himself created them when he was torturing a big booty'ed woman!  OMG!  I had plans of doing 50 squats and 50 sit ups, and lets just say I'm glad I started with the sit ups because 10 squats in and I was sweating and panting and near tears!  I'm sure there was some primal groaning going on but it was too unattractive to describe! 

A couple of nights ago, Lydia was bending over, nearly in half, and squatting up and down while making a growling noise.

"Lydia, what are you doing?" I asked

"My exercises," she panted in response

I yelled into the kitchen for Keith to come see and we both laughed at the site!  (oh how I wish there had been a video camera near me!)

Bam!  She collapses in the floor, ever so dramatically!
"Those exercises are killing me!  I gotta take a rest" she pants.

Yep, she learned that one from me!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!!!! I have my own "exercise" story I will be sharing soon. Brynn is my bigger version of Lydia. This one was priceless Lisa!! Nothing like a day at the dental spa to make you feel better though! ;)

    ReplyDelete