Friday, January 28, 2011

The Flowering Dogwood: Snow Cream

Snow cream always brings such great memories to me! I remember each time it would snow, I would scoot to Grandma and Grandaddy's house to make snow cream! Grandaddy would go out with his enormous stainless steel mixing bowl and gather the "perfect" snow and then we'd all make it together. Grandma would add chocolate for me because I thought you couldn't eat ice cream without chocolate! Grandma's recipe always included raw eggs so Liz's recipe is a little more modernly acceptable and I plan to put it to the test just as soon as we get another snow!

Enjoy!

The Flowering Dogwood: Snow Cream: "Growing up in North Carolina, we did not get much snow during the winter months. So, naturally, when it did snow, it was a big event. Me, ..."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out to my blog...again. Love ya! And I hope you get snow. They are calling for 1/2 and inch of ice in Pittsburgh by tomorrow. Not looking forward to the next 48 hours weather wise. not even snow to make snow cream ;)

    ReplyDelete