Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Megamind Review

Megamind

I have to start by saying that I LOVE the Shrek movies. I watched the first Shrek several times before I even had kids, so I had pretty high expectations of this movie since it was "created by the minds behind Shrek."

It was pretty funny. The music absolutely made the movie though! AC/DC, Rolling Stones, James Brown...it was great!

The previews lead you to believe Megamind and Metroman will spend the entire movie battling out the age old battle of good vs evil. That's not exactly how it goes. Megamind defeats Metroman within the first few minutes, realizes that life is dull without their battles, creates a new super hero who goes bad...and I'll leave the rest for you to watch!

Although the movie was good, I'd suggest it for older kids...it was one of those movies where the humor went over my kids head. I found myself laughing on the verge of tears and my kids had no idea what I was laughing at. There really wasn't too much that was scary and the violence was minimal considering the type of movie, and there seemed to be no sex or innuendos.

HERE is the best review I've seen.

One part of the movie ruined it for me though, and had it not been for one line of the movie I would tell parents to take their kids. Because of this line, I suggest skipping this one. Tighten (Jonah Hill), one of the main charachters in the movie that you DON'T see in the previews kidnaps Roxanne (Tina Fey) and screams at her, "there is no Easter Bunny, there is no tooth fairy, and there are NO HAPPY ENDINGS." Akward! Hadley had just lost a tooth a few minutes before we went to see the movie and the tooth fairy was on the top of our thoughts, so when I heard this I got all uncomfortable and squirmy. Hadley seeemed to not notice and a couple of seconds later, just for good measure, I said to Lydia (loud enough for Hadley to hear) "you know NOTHING in this movie is real, so you don't have to be afraid...its ALL PRETEND." That seemed to work, and the tooth fairy paid up last night so there were no questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment