Monday, September 12, 2011

Pole Dancing For Jesus

I was going to blog about the latest crazy news on "Pole Dancing For Jesus" but really...what is there to say?  My plan was to make jokes and crack remarks but what's the point?

I'm the first to admit that I'm wound pretty tightly and I'm a pretty conservative person, in general.  I know this about myself and I know that not everyone is like that, and it's okay.  However-THIS crosses lines.  I am such a prude when it comes to "bedroom talk," I know, but holy cow! 

I don't think it's the pole dancing part that shocks me so much as the "for Jesus" part.  One thing that I don't like is using wacky gimmicks to get people in church.  I find it insulting as a Christian and as an intelligent person. 

Although, they may be onto something...when talking to an agnostic friend about this article he said "If Jesus says pole dance, I suggest you get your butt on the pole and work it!"  (It got the agnostic thinking! Ha!)

In all seriousness, I enjoy doing things as a church.  I love church cook outs, pot lucks, lunches at local eateries, hay rides, etc.  I like fellowship with my christian brothers and sisters and I like to bring friends along who don't necessarily go to church with me.  It's just like when I have a party at my house I like to invite people who will have fun.  It's not a gimmick to bamboozle anyone into Christianity, it's to have a good time with people I enjoy from all walks of life. 

Pole dancing, with or without Jesus, just isn't for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment