Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Someday This WIll Make A Great Story!

For the last several years I haven't really had an opportunity to celebrate my birthday.  I've either had company events for Keith's job, or been pregnant or had babies.  This year I decided to do it up right, I planned a great night out with friends at a local bar that I love to see a great band!  I invited several friends and about 15 of us were going to go celebrate. 

Three years later, I can finally tell the rest of the story...

A week before the party, I found out I was pregnant (again!)!  Needless to say, plans changed for me, drastically and quickly.  Because I was only a few weeks pregnant, I didn't want to share with anyone so I was trying to keep it a secret.  I told a couple friends so they could help me conceal it. 

The night of the party, we all arrived and everyone thought it would be nice to buy the birthday girl drinks...my friend Jeff, took on the task of finishing them for me so no one would be suspicious.  We also bribed the waitress to keep sprite with cherries coming my way!  And she was a genius, right Jeff!  First thing she did was March up to the table and say "you don't want any alcohol right?  You're pregnant?" Fortunately no on heard, except Jeff, Keith, and me!  

We partied till the bar closed and quite a few of my friends were in no condition to drive, but guess who was?!?  Yep!  ME!  I loaded up the prius full of my party happy friends and deposited them all safely at their doorsteps.  One friend slurred to me, "it's so nice that you drove us all home on YOUR birthday!"  Yep, I'm a giver!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lush, but I'd prefer not to be the designated driver on my birthday! 

So, here we are again approaching my birthday, and I'm trying to plan something fun!  I'll be 35 this year, and I can't wait to see how the party will turn out!  I'm hoping for an epic do over. 

When we were laughing about this with friends, Keith said "Someday this will make a GREAT story!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment